BlogExplosion

Monday, December 8, 2008

Music Monday: Roxy and Rex's Wedding Song #2... Jersey Girl

"I got no time for the corner boys, down in the street makin' all that noise,
Don't want no whores on Eighth Avenue, cause tonight I'm gonna be with you.

Cause tonight I'm gonna take that ride, across the river to the Jersey side,
Take my baby to the carnival, and Ill take you on all the rides,

sing sha la la la la la sha la la la.

Down the shore everything's alright, you and your baby on a Saturday night,
Don't you know that all my dreams come true, when I'm walkin down the street
With you, sing sha la la la la la sha la la la.

You know she thrills me with all her charms, when I'm wrapped up in my baby's arms
My little angel gives me everything, I know someday that she'll wear my ring.

So don't bother me cause I got no time, I'm on my way to see that girl of mine
Nothin' else matters in this whole wide world, when you're in love with
A Jersey girl, sing sha la la la la la la."



-- "Jersey Girl" by Tom Waits, with perhaps the most famous cover version by Bruce Springsteen. One of Roxy and Rex's two wedding songs (the other one was, of course, "Prove It All Night" by Bruce Springsteen).

As a Jersey Girl, that song is an anthem that always brings tears to my eyes and sends chills down my spine. Here's a video of Tom Waits singing "Jersey Girl"... check it out and let me know if it has the same effect on bloggers around the world, or if it's just a Jersey Girl thing.






Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha. I thought I pulled the same blog up twice, had to read it twice!