BlogExplosion

Saturday, August 29, 2009

50 Cent Beach Reads for Charity at the Anchor & Palette Gallery in Bay Head, New Jersey

It's a rainy Saturday here at our beach house in Bay Head, the perfect time for a rundown on Roxy's recent beach reads, all of which I've picked up for 50 cents at the Anchor & Palette Gallery in Bay Head, New Jersey. All proceeds go to the good work of St. Paul's United Methodist Church, on the corner of Bridge Avenue and West Lake Avenue in Bay Head, NJ.

The best, by far, is the one I'm reading right now: False Memory, a thriller by Dean Koontz: a tale of madness, suspense, love, and terror from a startlin and true-life psychological condition so close to home it will stun even his most seasoned readers... autophobia -- fear of oneself. As a huge fan of haiku, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the evil psychiatrist who manipulates his patients with hypnotic haiku.

I also breezed through "April & Oliver," Tess Callahan's debut as a novelist, as well as Lisa Scottoline's "Look Again."

I'm headed back to my comfy chair on the porch to finish False Memory... I'll try to post more details later without giving away the gripping conclusion.

No comments: