BlogExplosion

Monday, January 24, 2011

Music Monday: Laid by James

Just this week I tracked down this 1993 song by James (Matt Nathanson covered it in the 2003 movie American Wedding) and bought it on iTunes...it's been in my head since I used to go to see Brian Kirk & the Jerks at Donovan's Reef in Sea Bright, NJ...but I never knew the name or the original performer and it's only lately that I've taken full advantage of Google search to find old favorite songs based on a lyric or two. Now all I need to do is find a recording of "Donovan's Girl" by Brian Kirk & the Jerks.

I used iTunes Genius to create a "Laid" playlist for my workout...lots of Gin Blossoms, John Mayer, Lucinda Williams. Anyway, the video is a bit odd but I think you'll like the song.



This bed is on fire
With passionate love
The neighbours complain about the noises above
But she only comes when she’s on top

My therapist said not to see you no more
She said you’re like a disease without any cure
She said I’m so obsessed that I’m becoming a bore, oh no
Ah, you think you’re so pretty

Caught your hand inside the till
Slammed your fingers in the door
Fought with kitchen knives and skewers
Dressed me up in womens clothes
Messed around with gender roles
Dye my eyes and call me pretty

Moved out of the house, so you moved next door
I locked you out, you cut a hole in the wall
I found you sleeping next to me, I thought I was alone
You’re driving me crazy, when are you coming home





Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.


PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!

5 comments:

bluedreamer27 said...

haha love the song and the Vid...
thanks for sharing
Happy MM

dj trish said...

Hi Roxi
If you like I have a cool Dance/work out mix perfect for the gym if you want a copy let me know my email is trishmull77@comcast.net

Con Artist Trickster said...

Interesting song. Feels like I've heard it before (the verse parts remind me of "Twist and Shout"?).
Nice clip also.
Happy MM!

LadyJava said...

lol Roxy..
that is so funny.. and just as I was laughing from another video on the blog hop..lol!!

Happy MM sweetie!

Namz said...

LOL! Hillarious. Thanks for sharing. Happy MM Roxy!