While Rex and I tend to prefer Jenkinsons' next-door neighbor, Martell's Tiki Bar, both on the boardwalk in Pt. Pleasant Beach, New Jersey, there's a lot to be said about Jenks' calendar of upcoming shows, kicking off with an optimistic Wednesday night start to your Memorial Day Weekend on the Jersey Shore:
- Thursday, May 22nd: Screaming Broccoli
- Friday, May 23rd: Life House (WPLJ Live with Scott & Todd, doors open at 6am, yes that's six in the morning)
- Friday, May 23rd: Life Speed with DJ Robbie O
- Saturday, May 24th: Big Orange Cone with DJ Unique
- Sunday, May 25th: The Benjamins with DJ Unique
Apparently with the exception of this Wednesday with the Gin Blossoms, every Wednesday night is now Country Night at Jenk's! I may have to dust off my cowboy boots (custom-made just for Roxy in Texas) and cowboy hat and head on over to check out the live bands each week. Country Wednesdays are hosted by K98.5's Kaptain Jack and sponsored by Corona.