BlogExplosion

Monday, May 4, 2009

Music Monday: Miley Cyrus Sings "The Climb"

I know some of my blogosphere buddies (like Jason Buckley, for example) justifiably mock me for my Disney weakness. Yes, our family attended the new Miley Cyrus movie a couple weeks back, and both Rex and I were teary-eyed throughout. So go ahead and mock me, but do so at your own risk, as next week's Music Monday just might be "Sixteen Minutes" from High School Musical 3.

So this week's Music Monday at the Bay Head Blog is The Climb by Miley Cyrus:



I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa


Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. One simple rule, leave ONLY the actual post link here. You can grab this code at LJL Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.




5 comments:

simply_unique said...

My Daughters love this and Miley! Happy MM!

Jason said...

I'm doing everything I can as a parent to to keep my kid interested in good grown up music, but I know once she gets to school she's going to get into all this kind of stuff.

BTW, my BotB rating was down because I accidentally deleted this blog from BE instead of my dead video blog. Then it took weeks to get it re-approved. The lights are on but nobody's home at blog explosion headquarters.

Anonymous said...

My niece just loves her. Thanks for sharing and happy MM Aloha

I am Harriet said...

Neat lyrics!
Have a great MM!

Anonymous said...

I love this song as well.. I also have enjoy the guilty pleasure of Disney Channel shows..

I was lucky that for the HM movie that I was able to take my cousin's 9yo daughter with me.

When they played Miley/Hannah concert at the movies.. I didn't have any kid to take with me.. haha..

It's all good though.. my friends always have a good laugh.. at my expense