BlogExplosion

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Countdown to the Bay Head Halloween Parade...3 Weeks To Go and London and Maddie, Rex and Roxy Are Almost Ready!

I know I've told you before, and I'll tell you again...our family takes Halloween very very seriously. Even before London was a glimmer in our eyes, Rex and I would sit out on the porch of our beach house in Bay Head, New Jersey, on the Sunday before Halloween, and the crowds of ghosts, goblins, princesses, prom queens and football players would gather in front of the shops on Mount Street for the Bay Head Halloween Parade.

The year Maddie was born, my niece Candy sewed a homemade pumpkin costume for Baby Maddie and a farmer girl costume for London, and London pulled her sister along the parade route from Mount Stree to the Bay Head Firehouse in a hay-filled (aaaahhchoo!) wagon. The girls won a trophy that year.

Continue reading

7 comments:

Mariuca said...

Hola Roxy! I just got back from visiting baby Issy and it looks like I'm not too late to vote vote vote! ;)

Mariuca said...

He he the pumpkin costume is adorable, no wonder they won a trophy! Good luck this year! :)

LadyJava said...

I'm here Roxy... Phew!! last 4 votes..

Good luck!!

Bugz said...

Just droppig in to say Hey!!! I haven't even started thinking about Halloween costumes yet.

Jackie said...

Wow roxy what a great picture!! She's adorable.:-)))

Jackie said...

Hey Roxy,
I saw you over to GP's. I hope your vacation is going good.

I dropped but EC is down again so I don't know if it will show.

Happy day:-))

Jackie said...

Hi Roxy,
You've just been tagged! It's all about global peace.

I hope you can dro by and participate.

http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/10/peace.html

Happy day:-)