BlogExplosion

Thursday, September 18, 2008

What's In Roxy's Handbag?

Just in time for the surprise that Rex and the girls will be giving me for my upcoming birthday, Mariuca's Perfume Gallery tagged me with the Handbag Tag: Find a safe quiet place free of significant others, nosy meme makers, priests, nuns, all things religious and men in general. (If you're a guy just reverse this process to male and tell us about your wallet, tool box, briefcase or metrosexual accessory.)

1. Dump the contents of your handbag in a pile.
2. Take a photo of your handbag and the contents.
3. Be brave and 'splain to your fellow bloggers what lurks inside the handbag.
4. Tag others who might want to embarrass themselves.
5. Answer these questions:

Describe the contents of your handbag. Well, first of all, my existing handbag, as well as its replacement coming soon, is HUGE. When I was young and single, I used to carry a small purse during the work day, and an even tinier evening bag for going out with Melissa to the Jersey shore bars. After children, I've expanded to the point where you'll find everything but my computer in my handbag: my wallet, my iPhone, my journal, hair ties, notes for past or upcoming meetings, receipts, cough drops, chewing gum, pens and pencils, crayons, sketchbooks for the girls, coupons, a hairbrush or two, train tickets, new PATH SmartLink gidgie, my Invisalign case (sometimes with my aligners in it, sometimes I forget), spare change, a book to read on the train, some notes or clippings about cool local place for Roxy's Best Of..., well, now that I list it all out it sure seems necessary, if messy!
What's the most important thing in your handbag? My red Sky Dragon journal.
What's the most embarrassing thing in your handbag? My kids' crayons...essential for heading out to dinner with the girls at The Bernards Inn or Sammy's up in the Roxiticus Valley or Dennis Foy's Bay Point Prime or Theresa's South at the beach in Bay Head, but it can be downright mortifying when the bag tips over during an investment banking meeting with a client.
What's the smallest thing in your handbag? An old "Mercury" dime, sort of a good luck charm.
Is there anything illegal in your handbag? Newp. I'm allergic to illegal.

I'm going to go ahead and tag SpicyBug, Henson, Cindi and YOU! Please leave a comment so I'll know when to take a look at your blog to find out what's in your handbag...



In response to popular demand, I've dumped out my current handbag and taken a photo for you...what a mess!

6 comments:

Mariuca said...

Roxy, love ur foxy handbag he he! Oh but we didn't get to see the what's inside pic huh? It seems to me you have so many things in ur bag, but I guess that comes with having 2 cute girls to look after all the time. I'm sure you'd be carrying ur laptop around if only there was some space left LOL! :)

Thank you for sharing Roxy, it was fun checking out ur bag! :D

LadyJava said...

hey no fair.. where's the picture...lol!!

I wanna see Roxy's handbag!! heheh...

I used to carry all sorts of things back in SG what with public transport and things.. so everything goes with me ALL the time... but now I have to carry a smaller handbag coz it has to fit in Azwaj's motorbike's basket..heheh...

Bugz said...

OMG you want me to take a picture of what is inside my purse? Do you want your readers to barf? HAHAHAHA. I will take a picture of my purse but no way in heck am I gonna dump the contents out and take a pic. I would have to spend the next 3 hours cleaning it up and vacuuming the floor afterwards. I got everything in there,maybe even a kitchen sink. Ok. I will post about this later tonight..that is if the little ones allow me too ;)

LadyJava said...

hahaha Roxy.. how do you find anything in that... err.. handbag..lolzz....

Mariuca said...

I see the new pic Roxy and I see the mess in ur bag he he! But that's cool, it just adds to ur character LOL! :):):)

Elara said...

Hi Roxy, the reason my bag looks neat is because it's tiny and can only fit very few things. Your handbag is pretty and HUGE, which is a good thing in a way or two. :)

I just hope nothing gets lost in there. :)